Difference between Jizya and Zakat
Posted by The Mindset on May 19, 2013
|1. obligatory upon Muslims||obligatory upon Dhimmis|
|2. Muslim’s net worth of assets must exceed the Nisab (excess money for personal need) to be obliged to give Zakat||not required for the Dhimmi’s wealth or property to reach Nisab in order to pay Jizya|
|3. only payable on assets continuously owned over one lunar year that are in excess of the Nisab||paid according to a contract, but usually paid yearly regardless to Nisab|
|4. the amount of Zakat paid is fixed and already specified by Sharee’ah||the amount paid is not fixed; at least one gold Dinar; with no maximum amount; and it’s not been explicitly specified by Sharee’ah|
|5. paid only by the owner of the assets himself/herself||paid by all able-bodied adult males of military age and affording power|
|6. refusal to pay Zakat has no a specific punishment by Sharee’ah law in life, but it’s delayed to the end time.||refusal to pay Jizya is considered a breach of The Dhimma contract; as a consequence the Dhimmi’s blood(life) and assets would become permissible|
|7. should be paid seeking God’s pleasure [Qur’an 30:39]||paid with humiliation, servility and belittlement|
Let’s analyze the points one by one.
1. The first point says that jizya was taken from dhimmis or the people of the book which means – Jews and Christians since Allah the all knowing did not know about Hindus ,Jains, Biddhists or american aboriginal religions. (So much for all knowing). These kind of kaffirs were not given the
choiceof jizya. For them the choices were – Conversion or Death.
Islam in it’s true form is nothing less than a large scale organised crime syndicate.
2. Muslims net wealth must exceed a minimum amount which is called Nisab. While all non-Muslims have to pay jizya the poor Muslims will be exempted from zakat because their net wealth will not exceed the Nisab.
Jizya is an indirect way of “Forced Conversion” since many poor non-Muslims will not be able to pay jizya.
3. The third point again reflects that a minimum wealth must be maintained by the Muslim to pay zakat. No such condition exists for the kaffirs.
4. There is no MAXIMUM amount of zakat, which means even the entire wealth of a non-Muslims can be taken as jizya. This is not the case with zakat. The max. amount is fixed and that too is not bounding on the Muslim.
5. Jizya is paid by all non-Muslims irrespective of age, wealth.
6. This point makes clear that zakat is optional for Muslim. On the contrary if a non-Muslims refuse to pay jizya his entire property and women folk can be taken captive by Muslim. The punishment for refusing to pay jizya is death – The Religion of Peace🙂
7. The last point confirms that the entire idea of jizya is to humiliate, insult and belittle the non-Muslims.
Here are some more proofs that Islam uses the jizya as a weapon against the non-Muslims for the ultimate aim of conversion to Islam.
Muhammad very clearly established that people of other religions have to pay a poll tax to Muslims called the jizya as a reminder of their inferior status. This abrogates an earlier verse stating that there is “no compulsion in religion” and destroys any pretense that Islam is merely a religion and not a political system.
Qur’an (9:29) – “Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.”
Muslim (19:4294) – There are many places in the hadith where Muhammad tells his followers to demand the jizya of non-believers. Here he lays down the rule that it is to be extorted by force: “If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the Jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah’s help and fight them”
Bukhari (53:386) – Our Prophet, the Messenger of our Lord, has ordered us to fight you till you worship Allah Alone or give Jizya (i.e. tribute); and our Prophet has informed us that our Lord says:– “Whoever amongst us is killed (i.e. martyred), shall go to Paradise to lead such a luxurious life as he has never seen, and whoever amongst us remain alive, shall become your master.” This is being recounted during the reign of Umar, Muhammad’s companion and the second caliph who sent conquering armies into non-Muslim Persian and Christian lands (after Muhammad’s death).
Ishaq 956 & 962 – “He who withholds the Jizya is an enemy of Allah and His apostle.” The words of Muhammad.
Popular Sufi teacher, Shaykh Ahmad Sirhindi:
“The honor of Islam lies in insulting the unbelief and the unbelievers (kafirs). One who respects kafirs dishonors Muslims… The real purpose of levying the Jizya on them is to humiliate them… [and] they remain terrified and trembling.” It is intended to hold them under contempt and to uphold the honour and might of Islam.”